Wednesday, 13 January 2016

Dusty Attic Jan 2016 Entry

Here is my entry for the Dusty Attic mood board for Jan 2016 and a quick little step by step.



Here is the mood board featured on the Dusty Attic blog page.



I decided to go with an off the page project for this one and do a reverse canvas, and I had so much fun making it. The colours in the mood board made me long for the spring and so I decided to incorporate that into my canvas. 

I started off using an A5 canvas and giving it 2 coats of Gesso. Once dry I covered the canvas with a piece of paper with a tiny flower pattern.


Next I tinted some gesso to make it a pale teal and gave the paper a light coat of this mix. I then           mixed some white crakle paste with a pink mica spray and applied this over the tinted gesso, thick in some places, thinner in others. While this was drying I cut a piece of wood effect paper to go at the back of the canvas.


I decided which Dusty Attic chipboard pieces I wanted to use and gave them a coat of gesso. For this project I used the following chipboards.

Foliage 2
Foliage 5
Ornate pendants 1 
Bird of paradise

I then painted the pieces in metallic paints and distressed the edges of them with an ink pad.


I then took an MDF birdhouse and gave it a crackled paint effect, when it was dry I glued it to the back of the canvas. I added some florists moss and some seed beads and then started to add the chipboard pieces.

I then started to build up the canvas using paper flowers and the chipboard pieces until I was happy with the look of it. I finished off by adding some self adhesive gems in places and some feathers and a diamanté spray to the birds tail.

And ..... ta da!




Thank you for looking

Emma 

x